At Almac we provide you with answers to your questions. We are committed to operational excellence and first class customer service. Our experienced team will manage your project from design to delivery.
We provide expert genomic solutions including gene expression, SNP genotyping, qPCR & CNV analysis.
We provide you with peace of mind and the reassurance that your project will be a success through:
- Specialist Project Management When you work with Almac your study is in safe hands. Our highly skilled project managers become an extension of your team and form a unique point of contact throughout your study.
Available and always on hand to answer all of your questions, your dedicated project managers oversee all aspects of your study - giving you total reassurance and peace of mind.
- Expert Bioinformatics Accelerate your study with Almac’s expert bioinformatics solutions. Our team not only provide you with robust, reliable, quality data - but more importantly we highlight the answers to your questions. Our wealth of experience is available to guide all aspects of your study from consultation on the optimal study design through to the delivery of definitive answers to all of your biological questions.
- G Gene selection
- F Functional analysis
- Mathematical modelling
- Algorithm development
- Advanced Data QC
We offer our extensive expertise supported by industry leading software and hardware solutions including Rosetta Resolver, Matlab, R, S-plus and Metacore’s GeneGo.
- Quality Assurance Guarantee At Almac we guarantee that your results will be reliable, reproducible and reflect the true biological nature of the samples. With extensive in-house quality control procedures and the application of positive and negative controls throughout each and every study - we closely monitor our laboratory processes to ensure the highest possible quality results are delivered. We will not waste your time and money by running samples that fail QC. Our stringent quality control systems meet the highest global standards and work to the principles of good laboratory practice.
With state of the art laboratories in Europe and the US we provide superior genomic solutions including:
- Gene Expression, Xcel™ and Cancer DSA® Arrays
For gene expression studies we have extensive experience with both the traditional 3` expression arrays and the new whole transcript and alternative splicing arrays and offer the full range of Affymetrix microarrays. We offer the Xcel™ array; which is the most comprehensive platform available for biomarker discovery as well as being ideally suited for research in cross disease areas.
We also offer our Cancer DSA® arrays; which are the first high-density based microarrays to focus on the transcriptome of an individual disease. They contain the most comprehensive information available for the disease under investigation on a single array. Both arrays enable the obtaining of robust data from FFPE and frozen samples, while delivering additional information on the disease setting.
We can advise you on which array is best to provide the answers to your questions.
- MiRNA This service includes the technology and expertise to profile miRNA expression and uncover the relationship between miRNA and protein expression, potentially leading to a new segment of targets for diagnostics and therapeutics.
From initial consultation with an experienced project manager, to optimal experimental design and publication ready final data analysis Almac guarantee operational excellence and first class customer service at all times during their miRNA profiling.
The miRNA-analysis service is based on the new GeneChip® miRNA Array from Affymetrix which offers a number of distinct advantages including:
- miRNA coverage
- Affymetrix offers the most comprehensive miRNA coverage on a single array. The array offers coverage with multiple organisms including human, mouse, rat, canine and monkey.
- Sanger miRNA database VII content and additional human small nuclear RNAs (snoRNAs and scaRNAs).
- RNA profiling on the industry's most reliable microarray platform
- Arrays are synthesized using Affymetrix' high-quality photolitholgraphy process to ensure optimal performance
- Contains controls to ensure success of your experiment
- SNP Genotyping and CNV Analysis For SNP analysis we are an Affymetrix accredited service provider and offer the full range of Affymetrix SNP assays including the 6.0 Assay with more than 906,600 SNPs and 946,000 probes for CNV studies.
- qPCR We also offer a full qPCR validation service for both SNP and gene expression and we can provide a full service from both frozen and FFPE samples.
- Expertise in Profiling RNA & DNA from all Biomaterials including FFPE Samples Almac has significant experience in working with many tissue types, including cell lines, blood and fresh tissue. We also have extensive experience working with formalin fixed paraffin embedded samples. Through years of experience in our own diagnostics development we have optimized processes for extracting the valuable genomic information that lies in this enormous resource.
Our Cancer DSA® research tools are optimised for working with FFPE samples.
At Almac we pride ourselves on providing you with a complete service from initial consultation to the final report and return of data. Upon completion of your project, we supply you with an HTML formatted report, which contains all the relevant data about your project, from the clear statement of the questions asked, to the methods used to generate the data to the results themselves.
We also include all laboratory and data QC information, raw data and details of all methodologies used both for laboratory work and data analysis. All of this is presented in a clear easy to use format and your project manager is there to support you with any queries you may have even after the completion of the project and return of data.